Tuesday 1 December 2009

Winter Garden Birds.

This year has been a little slow with the return of the natives to the garden. A lot of species are still missing namely....Blackcap, Collared Dove, G.S Woodpecker, Siskin, Song Thrush, Goldcrest, Jay ,Bullfinch and Firecrest also the Greenfinches and Goldfinches visiting is rather spasmodic .
The number of Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Chaffinches and Great Tits has increased while the likes of Sparrows, Starlings ,Blackbirds, Dunnocks, L.T Tits, Magpie and Woodpigeon have at least remained the same or increased slightly.

Yesterday I saw two Robins perched together on the same branch not four inches apart. I always believed the Robin was a solitary bird and very territorial during the winter months so I was surprised to see this.
The previous day I noticed a movement in the wood pile and the leafless honeysuckle.it was one of our usual small birds that visit us continually throughout the winter months.. but a Goldcrest or Firecrest I am not sure which. I raced down the stairs to tell Angie. Maybe I should have stayed put and identified the bird before moving, as it happened ..Angie caught a glimpse of it and confirmed it was one or the other.
Hopefully a photograph will follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites