Friday 6 February 2009

Ups..... and Downs .....

Well, I started the day feeling quite good (despite the man flu). The birds helped. I think they were relieved to wake up without snow, but it was very windy. Nevertheless, here's my cup of tea list for AM - 3 Blackbirds, 1 Backcap, 1 Robin, 2 Dunnocks, 1 Coal Tit, 2 Great Tits, 1 Songthrush (singing up in the tree), 1 FIRECREST (glad he or she is still around), 1 Magpie, 1 Blue Tit, 2 Wood Pigeons, 2 Chaffinches, 11 Starlings, 2 H Sparrows, 4 Carrion Crows (flying around and making a fuss), 2 H Gulls, 1 (M) Bullfinch.
Off to work and it went down hill. Felt rough at work, but checked the roof early and saw 1 Pied Wagtail, 7 Pigeons, 5 H Gulls, 2 Jackdaws.
Went home at 1pm and stayed there. Made a cup of tea and checked out the garden where I caught 4 Long Tailed Tits before heading for my resting place with my tissues! Happy days.

3 comments:

  1. no Stithians this weekend then if you have Man Flu ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would have, but Trevor says he does not feel up to it. He may change his mind though. He's had it bad mind you, most of the week. I've only really had a cold. I have never known him spend days in bed so he must have felt rough and he's lost half a stone!

    ReplyDelete

 
Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites