Sunday 1 February 2009

Good morning

After being up half the night with the dog again my morning has improved somewhat. She has eaten a small amount of fish and is looking more sprightly.
Whilst downing 3 cups of tea the bird population has cheered me up too. My toes are frozen, but that's what you get for sitting on the back doorstep on a morning like this. My list: Gulls, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Bullfinch (M), House Sparrows, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbirds, Starlings (about a dozen), Great Tits, Blue Tits, Coal Tit, Chaffinch (4), and wait for it.... Goldcrest AND Firecrest (not together of course). I'm happy with that. I am going to build a made to measure bird hide in my back garden with a heater of some sort! It will of course be perfect for a shorty like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fatbirder's Top 500 Birding Websites